Buckler Piano Studio
"Never make someone a priority who only makes you an option."
My students and the schedule we set up are always my priority! Thank you for extending the same courtesy to me.
Becky Buckler Studio Policy Update*
Tuition and Lesson Schedule Policy
Effective date: August 1, 2019
Changes from the 2014 Policy update are indicated in bold italics.
- Lessons will be scheduled for 30 minutes, on the same day each week. Forty-five minute lessons can be arranged for advancing students or those requiring special instruction, for an increased fee.
- New students can be added at the beginning of a calendar month.
- Students will remain on the roster and will be expected to comply with scheduling and tuition payment policies until they give two weeks’ notice of the intent to terminate lessons at the end of the current calendar month.
- If schedule conflicts arise, lessons can be rescheduled with a minimum of 24 hours notice. When conflicts occur on a regular basis, we may need to look for a more workable lesson time.
- If less than 24 hours notice is given, the notice is appreciated, but the lesson will be considered missed. Missed lessons will not be made up. There will be no refund for missed lessons and tuition will not be prorated. *
- If inclement weather requires the cancellation of lessons, those lessons will be considered missed.
- Lessons will not be held on Christmas Day, but other major holidays that fall on regular lesson days will not be considered vacation days by the teacher. In lieu of those, the teacher reserves the right to take up to two weeks of “paid” vacation at her discretion during the year.
The above policies apply to both teacher and students.
- Tuition for the month is due in advance, on the date of the first scheduled lesson of the month.
- Tuition will be $80.00 per calendar month of scheduled 30-minute lessons and $110.00 per calendar month for 45-minute lessons. This amount will include materials. There will be no additional charge for books.
- Tuition payments not made by the third scheduled lesson date will incur a $10.00 late fee.
- Payments can be made by cash or check. For your convenience, you may want to set up automatic monthly payments through your bank.
- If you know that you will be gone because of travel for two or more lessons in a given month, tuition will be based on $20.00 for a half-hour lesson ($30 for a 45 minute lesson) per lesson that you will be able to attend, provided that notification is given prior to the beginning of the month and payment is made in advance. (For example, if your lesson is scheduled on Tuesday and you know that you will be gone two of the four Tuesdays in the month, you will owe me $40.00 [$60] instead of the usual $80.00 [$110] for the month.)
- If circumstances require a “break” from lessons for a period of a month or more, a fee of $45.00 per month will be required to hold your lesson time and keep you on the roster during your absence. That fee will be assessed until you return to lessons or give notification of the intent to stop.
- Fees for sessions outside the scheduled monthly lessons will be $20 for a 30 minute session and $30 for a 45 minute session. This generally applies to individuals who are not "regular" students and request coaching or help on a specific problem.
Exceptions or changes in policy will be handled on an individual basis as required, at the discretion of the teacher.
The last increase in tuition was in 2014.